Friday, May 25, 2012

Week 18 Reflection

there were many privileges on the list that were remarkable but the one that stood out the most to me was number 46.  It said "I have the privilege of being unaware of my male privilege."  This is so true because more than half of all men really are unaware of their male privilege and believe there is no such thing.  My friend and I were talking about this the other day and he said that more than half the things on the checklist was just dumb and didn't exist.  Men really are unaware of their male privilege.
Men in the media today really are either very emotional or very tough.  It's one extreme or the other.  You never really see just any plain, average Joe guy on television anymore.  Back when TV first came out, I think they had people on television that connected really well with their audiences because of the fact that they were average.  It has changed a lot since then and men cannot connect as well with the characters portrayed on TV today rather than back in the day.
When I get married, I want my husband to be able to make me laugh and just goof around with me.  Yes, good looks are important, but not as important as the connection you feel with them and how well you get along with them.  I'm not a very superficial person so as long as me and my husband are happy, everything will work out in the end.  I also would like my husband to be patient with me, as I am human and I make mistakes.  He needs to be good with kids as well.  I'm excited to be able to get married to someone like this someday and be happy for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment